The paper analyses the Covid-19 pandemic and provides potential measures to reduce IP challenges, and associated risks among industrial stakeholders, with the aim to reduce responce times to tackle Covid-19. Main stakeholders with IP challenges include:
- Organisations owning existing crisis criticall IP,
- Manufacturing firms from other sectors who are moving into the production of crisis criticall products,
- Voluntary grassroot initiatives.
The paper discusses IP challenges related to the development and manufacturing of technologies and products for:
- Prevention (of spread)
- Diagnosis of infected patients and
- The development of treatments.
Tietze, F., Vimalnath, P., Aristodemou, L., & Molloy, J. Crisis-Critical Intellectual Property: Findings from the COVID-19 Pandemic. Centre for Technology Management Working Paper Series, Institute for Manufacturing, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge.